The basic responsibilities of the SSC Accounts Receivable Accountant are to ensure accounts receivable invoices and payments are processed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
Please note that this role requires fluency in English AND Arabic (both spoken and written).
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• Ensures that all debtors are billed in a timely fashion.
• Ensures that all necessary supporting documentation is submitted with invoices to substantiate charges and ensures payment is collected in a timely fashion.
• Ensures the timely delivery of invoices within three working days.
• Ensures that all city ledger invoice batches are posted and reconciled on a daily basis.
• Ensures the posting of invoices is done using the correct debtor codes.
• Posts and reconciles credit card transactions for all credit card types and follows up with banks on outstanding credit card reimbursements.
• Handles all credit card queries.
• Prepares credit card rebates/refunds with complete supporting documents/approval.
• Follows up the collection of inter-hotel billings and Hilton Honors redemptions.
• Ensures proper filing systems to facilitate retrieval of information.
• Posts and allocates all payments received accurately and on a timely basis.
• Ensures all monthly debtor statements are sent on a timely basis.
• Ensures all advanced payments received are properly recorded.
• Notifies the hotels on all advanced deposits received.
• Reviews and follows up on short paid invoices and credit balances for necessary actions.
• Reviews month end aging reports and ensure all reports reconcile and balance against the general ledger.
• Checks the travel agent commission’s reports on a daily basis to ensure accuracy of payments.
• Prepares and processes the Travel Agents commission reports for both local and international travel agents.
• Responds to queries from guests, travel agents and creditors on a timely basis.
• Assists the Credit Manager with month end processes.
• Handles all requests and enquiries in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
• Minimises the risks of accidents and workers compensation costs by ensuring the correct work practises are used and that the area is safe from hazards.
• Is flexible in relation to working hours, especially at month end.
• Prepares trade accruals at month end.
• To perform any additional tasks assigned to ensure that the hotel functions smoothly.
What are we looking for?
1. To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind and being proactive in a timely manner towards their needs and requests of customers.
2. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
3. To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
4. To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
5. To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
6. To contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational/environmental procedures in the Hotel.
7. To actively promote the services and facilities of the Hilton Hotels to guests and suppliers of the Hotel.
8. To perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
9. To contribute positively by providing both guests and fellow team-members with courteous, hassle-free service and by seeking to always maintain a pleasant working environment.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.