As well as supporting the Rail & Transit team on ongoing infrastructure projects, a key part of the role will be to further develop and grow the Class 1 / Shortline business for Mott MacDonald across Canada.
The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer opportunities for career development with the opportunity and challenge to grow the business beyond Canada in support of a rail business across North America. As a Senior Project Manager/Account Leader, working as an integral part of Mott MacDonald Canada, duties will include but not be limited to:
- Leading the delivery of ongoing projects and development of new opportunities with Class 1 Railroads across Canada, and North America.
- Formulate and develop long range goals and objectives for specific market sectors, coordinate and expedite activities to attain these goals and objectives.
- Participate in the review of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine team progress toward stated growth targets, goals and objectives.
- Project management and coordination of linear infrastructure engineering projects in rail transportation.
- Planning, organizing, and working with technical groups in the delivery of project requirements.
- Coordinating and interfacing with project team members, clients, technical specialists, subconsultants, and other project stakeholders.
- Mentoring, supporting and development of technical staff.
- Preparation of technical specifications and design reports.
- Providing support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation and the leading of proposals.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 12 to 15 years of experience in rail and transit projects.
- P.Eng designation.
- PMP considered an asset.
- Experience in a leadership role within an engineering environment.
- Experience in business development activities.
- Experience may include LRT, heavy rail and transit, freight rail and ports/terminal preliminary and final design
- Familiarity with rail transit industry standards, practices, and regulations.
- Ability to deliver projects on-time and budget to the satisfaction of clients.
- Experience of working alongside other engineering disciplines within a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.
- Keen interest in delivering projects using BIM methods and technology driven solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to join our dynamic team who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world’s most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Every day we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world. As part of our growing business, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.