- Monitor status of documents and review technical documents including method statement, risk assessments and shop-drawings
- Ensure all marine and outfall design is in accordance with agreed standards
- Ensure design is delivered as per the agreed timelines and fulfil the contractual specifications
- Resolve any design and construction related issues
- Attend meetings with the client and contractor to measure progress and prepare reports against the agreed schedule, to ensure work is completed in a timely manner
- Inspect construction work ensuring all aspects of the design are correctly implemented
- Monitor the process (and results) and ensure their compliance to the HSE, legal and ethical requirements of Mott MacDonald and the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university; Professional Engineering Registration/Chartered Engineer in the United States/United Kingdom would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the design and construction of large marine intakes/outfalls and underwater structures
- Experience in the design and construction of similar sized outfalls, experience in design and construction of diffuser arrays would be a distinct advantage
- Exposure to different types of outfall construction including subsea pipes and tunnelled outfalls
- Must be able to demonstrate the understanding of interactions between all aspects of outfall design and construction including but not limited to outfall hydraulics, discharge chambers, outfall pump stations, near field plume dispersion, diffuser design, marine forces, scour, material selection, and construction techniques.
- Experience in managing offshore construction works and working in an offshore environment from boats and on jackup pontoon structures.
- Understanding the Health and Safety requirements that are applicable to working overwater.
- Managing staff safety and working closely with the Project H&S manager on overwater working.
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Senior Marine Engineer will be managing all marine work (including, marine dredging, water sampling, underground water intakes, outfall concrete structures and sea bed diffusers etc.) for offshore construction during the design review phase of a long offshore outfall tunnel and deep underground pumping station.
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.