Senior Associates (Legacy Clean up) | Retail | Al Futtaim, Dubai
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 37826
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Special Project Senior Associates will perform activities relating to finance projects on General Ledger and to achieve the business objectives set out to achieve efficiencies in General Ledger and Balance Sheet Reconciliation process.
The individual is required to initiate and lead on process improvement initiatives within the finance related projects. The jobholder is also required to liaise with internal finance communities as well business parties to facilitate transaction related clarifications.
RESOURCE COMPLEXITY – Resources required to achieve accountabilities
Direct Reports (Number and WL information):
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES: .
|Description of the Tasks||Performance Indicators (How is it measured)|
|Project Management and Process Improvement||· Perform root cause analysis, process flowcharts, process mapping and control identification until project execution to meet department expectations. Adhere to project scope and schedule and prepare a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
· Participate in working meetings to share project issues and related recommendations to operational management. Perform stakeholder communication and implement an effective governance protocols.
· Creates and maintain comprehensive project documentations, and SOPs for the projects related process areas.
· Maintain proficient technical knowledge on highly complex processes, troubleshoot issues and proposes solutions.
· Formulate and executes continuous improvements to enhance process and system effectiveness.
|General Ledger Management
|· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
· Prepare root cause analysis on GL and BS open items
· Prepare action plan for clearing of GL and BS open items
· Perform clearing of open items based on action plan
· Prepare project status update to project manager
|Knowledge transfer and training
|· Support the conduct of the training needs and content development
· Conduct training for new staff within the team and conduct training to existing employees within the finance organisation on project related deliverables.
· Conduct job-shadowing and assessment of new employees to ensure that they are proficient in their area of work
· Periodically review response time of activities conducted by staff to determine if additional training sessions are required
|Supervision and reporting
|· Manage resourcing and deployment within specific projects
· Support all on boarding of new employees
· Raise issues, escalate performance problems, review resolution actions and address business concerns
· Point of contact for projects within finance
PERSON SPECIFIC Requirements:
· Degree in Business Administration/ Accounting/ Finance (or any other related fields)
· Hands on SAP system.
· Accounting and audit background is preferred
· Certified Chartered Accountant is preferred
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
· 6 years of experience in finance related functions, preferably in a shared services environment
· Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level) and across function
· Minimum of 1-2 years of audit experience
· Expertise in troubleshooting in balance sheet and general ledger
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), SAP.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix organization
· Detail-oriented and reliable
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
· Proficient in English, oral and written and preferably in other languages (Chinese and Malay) is an advantage
· Problem solver with a continuous improvement mindset
· Well-versed in international and local accounting requirements and regulations
· Prior experience in project-management
· Supervisory/ leadership experience
· Collaborative and resourceful to drive operational efficiency
· People-management skills
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· Able to adapt to a fast changing environment
· Good analytical and communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.