Job Title: Senior Accountant – Business Decision Support – Residential
Reporting Line: Finance Manager – Business Decision Support – Residential
Division: Al-Futtaim Group – Real Estate
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- To manage and control various financial and accounting systems and procedures of the company in accordance with the internationally accepted standard, and monitor its internal control to ensure financial stability and maintain complete transparency and accuracy in the system.
- To provide support to internal customers: Residential business team in relation to financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting through effective communication in order to meet the business needs and contribute to improving current processes
- Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for complete accounting cycle for assigned Residential portfolio companies. (Revenue, Expense, Closing & Reporting).
- Ensure posting run is complete for all rental contracts/ Sales contracts in a timely manner and cumulative monthly provision is revised as required. Preparation of various reconciliations such as monthly rent rolls, inventory reconciliations, bank reconciliations etc.
- Evaluation of various expense requests in terms of justification for the expenses, budget availability etc., verification of LPO’s, coding and posting of approved expenses as per budget in respective GL Accounts, cost centres and ensure approval as per DOA for Opex & Capex.
- Ensure approved payments are released as per agreed payment terms and all supporting documents are in compliance with Company’s Policies & Procedures and approved as per DOA, including timely settlement of Intercompany creditors and debtors.
- Ensure GRN’s are assigned to LPO’s on a monthly basis against completed works & services and cumulative monthly provision is revised as required.
- Liaise with Financial Planning & Analysis team and provide the cash flow inputs for weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing and coordinating with the respective business to complete the budget and forecast exercise on quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc management reports and provide detailed commentary for monthly business reviews and preparation of dashboard reporting.
- Ensure Balance sheet reconciliation is conducted on a quarterly basis and items required further analysis to be highlighted and device plans to reconcile.
- Ensure accuracy of data/compliance to DOA/budget on various lease documents processed through Finance department and coordinate with Leasing team.
- OA related payments to be reviewed before disbursing payments to vendors / suppliers, ensuring there are approvals from selected OA board members.
- Providing support to OA for preparing schedules (Utilities, Revenue, Expenses etc.) and co-ordinating with external auditor to complete the OA audit.
- Preparing monthly accruals (expense & revenue) reports, ICM acceptance, COS & transfer entries ensuring all these actives are accounted before the month end.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post-graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance with knowledge of Financial Management and Accounting Systems is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP expertise will be preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working in diverse teams; real estate construction / projects environment experience will be preferred.
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptive, self-motivated, organisational skills, ability to manage stress.
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.