Job Requisition ID: 38295
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
Induction & Welcome
- Create and coordinate Induction plans for the new
- Employees starting in the business
- Organise trainings to attend (iGROW, ESS, MSS, etc.)
- Be the champion for technical and behavioural skills development
- Organise and liaise with Regional L&D resources, the induction plan for new store openings
- Follow the process of Analyse, design, develop, implement & evaluate learning programs needed e.g. Customer Service expectations, OTJ etc. for all employees.
- Follow up with the trainings conducted in house or at AFLC to measure the productivity of the time spent in trainings, ensure Blended learning is adapted to fit 70:20:10 learning strategy across AF Group
- Create a training matrix template to be used by managers for recommending learning and development programs for their teams
- Create a ½ yearly learning planner including instore learning & coaching plans, AFLC/iGROW learning courses. To include learning and development programs resulting from the PDR discussions and Objectives settings.
- Manage attendance of learning programmes that are covered under the levy
- Manage non-attendance & charges thereafter from AFLC
- Utilize and effectively use brand principle provided learning programs.
- JH needs to know the products sold in the business, understand business SOP’s, understand business learning requirements and he/she will need to support the business with the right trainings at the right time
- Organize, coordinate & implement Vendor Training plan to ensure best in class product knowledge is provided to employees
- Participate in new business initiatives and implementations regards to Store operations & product launches and ensure employees are trained accordingly
- Consult with line managers on the shop floor to understand their needs in terms of people development as per the business requirements
- Organise team building activities to support the development and the engagement of the managers
People Management & Development
- JH will be responsible for the management and development of employees ensuring that all are competent to do the job role assigned.
- Support the managers with performance management and contribute to developing performance improvement plans for PME employees
- Get involved in employee engagement survey and be the champion in improving the results related to Learning and Development and motivation of employees
- Set up a team of In-Store Trainers & In-Store coaches to maximise learning opportunity.
Talent Development and Succession Planning
- JH is responsible for the support and coordination of all management and employee development plans.
- Implement the succession plan program and support managers to coach and train the nominated employees to effectively transition to senior positions
- Create /improvise career development program to support succession planning
- Conduct assessments to identify Hi-Po’s for development program
- JH is responsible for maintaining all administrative records relating to employee trainings (Training Matrix) and will control all administration related to training for the store.
- Coordinate with AFLC, enrolment of employees and managers for trainings via manual nomination forms and or iGROW
- Maintain good communication with all employees through emails, information boards and newsletters
- Coordinate with in Store Trainers and Coaches to ensure training plans are executed effectively on a day to day basis and also training hours are recorded accurately.
Degree or Diploma in Human Resource – Learning & Development, Psychology or Business Management
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have a minimum of 3 – 5 years L&D management experience, retail preferred
- Must have strong coaching, mediation and counselling skills
- Must have strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
- Must have strong project management & change management skills and be able to communicate effectively
- Must be computer literate
Job Job-Specific Skills:
- Change Management,
- Organizational Development,
- Management Development,
- Performance/Compensation Management,
- Recruitment & Selection,
- Employee Relations
- Human Capital Metrics
- Analytical skills, financial modeling skills, good communication skills and problem-solving skills.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.