Laundry Supervisor is responsible for a smooth operation and maintaining the highest standards of service in laundry and uniform rooms, ensuring par stocks are respected and regular inventories are carried out on monthly basis as well as handling internal and external guest concerns.
· Supervise, train and inspect the performance of Laundry Attendants, Washers, Pressers and Uniform Attendants, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel’s standards. Assist Housekeeping Department where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Take initiative and work productively within any given period of time and must work well under pressure. Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if necessary.
· Maintain complete knowledge of the department and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis and demonstrate pride in the workplace with a high level commitment.
· Assume responsibility in preparation of efficient scheduling, according to the budget. Closely watch daily forecast for either an increase or decrease in occupancy or heavy check out in order to amend schedules accordingly.
· Train new associates and assist the training of all laundry staff to ensure proper handling of linen and uniforms. Utilize trainings’ received.
· Attend daily line-ups within Department and demonstrate Rosewood Responsibilities and Core Values in the daily work.
· Inspect the quality of daily production / uniform making sure we are always keeping standards to our prescribe level in rooms and F & B departments and if any alteration or amendments required.
· Promote a helpful and professional image to the internal and external customer. Use guests’ name at all times.
· Control payroll on a daily basis. Take responsibility in providing accurate data into Payroll software and in submitting the relevant reports to the Human Resources and Accounting departments on time. With the approval of the Director of Housekeeping, Control the manning as well as all the leaves in the department such as PHs, Vacations, Sick Leaves, Birthday Off Leave…
· Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and liaise with internal and external companies to ensure that proper maintenance of the machines are carried out on regular basis.
· Operate Laundry Services and all machines according to specifications. While processing cleaned articles through the machines, check the cleanliness and condition of each; separate damaged/stained articles.
· Ensure control of all soiled hotel bed linens, terry, Spa and food and beverage table linens by following procedures operating laundry/dry cleaning machinery in accordance to hotel’s standards. Quality Checks in all Clean, press and finish staff and guest garments, as well as designated guest room fabrics and articles.
· Ensure proper organization in all areas, i.e. folds cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size.
· Ensure to document and process guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and designated management garments in accordance with departmental specifications.
· Operate wet cleaning equipment and use specified chemicals according to procedures.
· Check and ensure clear lint and debris from drains, dryer filters and change filters as specified in departmental procedures.
· Breakdown and clean work areas/equipment according to departmental standards. Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas at all times and in all circumstances as well as maintain organization of supply/storage closets in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Inspect all linen closets storage area regularly for proper linen par, and proper labeling on shelves.
· Report and separate stained/damaged hotel uniforms and determine status for repair, re cleaning or discard when required. Maintain continuous inventory of discard uniforms.
· Report, to the Director of Housekeeping, all faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems.
· Maintain relationship hospitality with appointed uniform vendor, linen vendor, chemical and equipment vendor.
· Maintain accurate poundage records of dry cleaning and laundry according to departmental procedures.
· Maintain accurate inventories of all Uniforms and Linen in coordination with the tailor. Assist with purchase of uniforms and linens where needed.
· Whenever requested, assist the Housekeeping Team in their daily responsibilities and by controlling daily laundry cleanup for all shifts.
· Source the correct and accurate supplier for uniform and order the necessary quantity by controlling and maintaining the monthly uniform inventory in coordination with the tailor.
· Handle guest related issues directly in coordination with the housekeeping manager and supervisors.
· Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow associates.
· Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with all 3rd party operators such as outside laundry.
· Control associates correct usage of chemical, following the safety measures at all times.
· Determine and discuss with the Director of Housekeeping all Human Resources related matters such as recognition, disciplinary actions, hiring and termination of associates.
· Take charge of special projects when required / instructed.
· Report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well-groomed and dressed to the uniform standard.
· Make sure to apply all emergencies procedures established in the Laundry Department in case of fire, bomb threat etc. Turn off the equipment before leaving the department and meet with all co-workers in the meeting point as soon as possible.
· Follow Director of Housekeeping instructions as well as Hotel Management Team.
· All other duties as required.
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.