Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
- Integrate schedule requirements and constraints to establish work sequences for all disciplines or specialties.
- Review and assess the work sequences with the developed and agreed project plan
- Establish and implement methods of determining activity schedules within the project team
- Develop quantity release and/or installation curves
- Review and approve invoice verification for payment based on cost-loaded schedules
- Review schedule data – identify and acquire information needed to complete work logics to interface between project teams.
- Determines critical-path activities for project milestones
- Identify significant supporting for all milestones and identify and develop critical path for each project team and activities
- Monitor schedule deviations including subcontractor submittals; recommend corrective action/work-around any issues that may arise
- Prepare schedule commentary appearing in progress reports
- Clarify activities that have a critical impact on the schedule; prepare the critical items action report
- Oversee all work being carried out by project teams and contractors to ensure compliance with the specifications of the project and contract
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications
- At least 10 years project management experience in planning, scheduling and cost engineering, including at least 5 years using Primavera Project Management (P6)
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer-based systems (Primavera Project Management P6)
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Engineer – Planning will be responsible for the overall control of project schedules, development and monitoring all planning/scheduling work being done.
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.