The overall scope of this role is to safeguard the hotel assets and financial resources and to ensure that these are utilized to maximize operating results. To provide timely and accurate information and work together with the executive team in order for the hotel to run profitably and within the legal and corporate guidelines to maximize the use of the resources available and maintain a control over revenues and costs and to ensure that the hotel objectives are met.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel’s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
- Responsible for supporting, mentoring and developing the finance staff.
- Responsible for developing the annual business plan together with the Managing Director and Executive Committee.
- Responsible for conducting monthly P&L meetings.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling all revenues and expenses and making the corresponding recommendations when needed.
- Responsible for reviewing the cash position of the hotel in order to optimize the use of funds.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting the quarterly self-assessment report.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting an accurate monthly forecast.
- Responsible for reviewing and signing the Balance Sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Responsible for ensuring the preparation of the accurate and timely monthly financial report.
- Responsible for being the contact for the auditors and act upon recommendations in the audit report.
- Responsible for continuously searching for new business opportunities to benefit the hotel.
- Responsible for the control environment within the hotel.
- Responsible for keeping and safeguarding all contracts, lease agreements, licenses, insurance policies and all legal and financial documents.
- Responsible for maintaining good relationships with the hotel owners/representatives as well as external partners.
- Responsible for communicating with the Managing Director on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Eligible for a working permit in country of hire
- BA/BSc in finance, accounting or related field or CPA/ACA/ACCA or MBA (Financial)
- 2+ years as Director of Finance, preferably with a 5* Hotel chain
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure and/or challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships all stakeholders
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Strong affinity for Information Technology
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles, local regulations and taxation
- In-depth knowledge of modern and complex principles and practices of hotel accounting and operations
- Experience in reporting, forecasting and budgeting
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.