About Jumeirah at Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
A landmark property for the Emirate, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island offers 293 rooms and suites facing the sea, showcasing views from either a private balcony or garden access room, with an extended patio and outdoor space. This luxury beach front hotel embodies the beauty of the ocean – the stylish contemporary architecture is decorated with marine themed touches that bring the outside world to life. Home to eight restaurants and bars, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island has plenty of dining options including an all-day dining venue, two signature restaurants, a lobby lounge and bar, a pool and beach bar and a sports lounge. Guests can also explore the 400 metre public beach and three swimming pools. Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island was developed under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan’s Projects Department.
An opportunity has arisen for a Demi Chef de Partie to join our Culinary department. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Organize shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service.
- Give tasks to Commis Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner
- Write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Chef / Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Ensure that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
- Check on a daily basis food preparation regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding Mise-en-place and food storage.
Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Sous Chef.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
Culinary certificate and accredited education requirement Fit & Healthy
Minimum 1 year experience the same role in hotel or restaurant quality focused operation
Good communication skills
Good command of English
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work if company accommodation provided, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight ticket allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates
Note: we at Job Search Dubai are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so Job Search Dubai is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.